Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Bride Collector

On my way to the DFA meeting in Kansas City i forgot my book.... Sooo, I just had to get a new one, right...?

My eye caught The Bride Collector from Ted Dekker. The name sounded familiar and i thought i had several of his books at home. So my decision was made quickly.


I was a little disappointed by the 7 pages of "readers speak out" section in the beginning of the book, but maybe that is what you need to do these days to sell a book.

I had a rough time the first 50 pages, not because of my flight but because it was a little all over the place with lot's of difficult words and difficult build up of sentences. After the initial hesitation i was happy i stuck to it.  The book is about a virtuoso (yeah that's what i meant with difficult words) killer who is carving a path of death across the west, intent on killing only the most beautiful women. Special Agent Brad Raines is desperate for help and finally ask some of the patients at the Center for Wellness and Intelligence if they can help him find out who the killer is and track him down.

Everybody who is in to detectives or thrillers this is a great buy. It wasn't very expensive i think i paid $7.99 and it is small! So you can take it everywhere!

I would rate this book at an 7. It is good book for on the road, in bed or on an airplane! And of course it looks good on my bookshelf!...

Favorite passage of the book:
I am comfortable with myself, signified by the way i walk so nonchalantly wearing only sweats and a T-shirt. I am nobody. But please, please don't tell anybody.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. i know this comment is from like a year ago and idk if you still would read the book or if u already have but its not scary and to me it is more about beauty and love with some murder (alot) but I enjoyed the book very much!!!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like one I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even the cover of this book gives me the willies! Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg im right at the end of the book (like 80 pages away) and I LOVE THIS BOOK it is very interesting and just when your about to put down the book something BIG happens and you cant put it down I would recommend this to everyone but little kids of course!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete