Thursday, January 27, 2011

Let Me In

Why picked this book...



















I loved the cover!  No, I didn't notice that the girl doesn't have any footsteps
and the boy does.... No, I didn't notice she is standing in a little pool of
blood... and No, I had no idea it was about vampires otherwise I probably
wouldn't have picked this book up....

I have read enough vampire books for the next 20 years I would say, so
I prefer something without vampires/werewolves etc!!! But I REALLY
liked the cover!

Pretty quick I found out it was indeed about vampires but it was also about
a friendship between two kids (or they seem to be kids anyway) and the most
interesting part, it's also about bullying, hmmm that's a hard word to spell,
anyway you know what I'm talking about. Hundreds of commercials on TV
and Dr Phil, Ellen and Oprah have devoted episodes on bullying and this book
just grabs the essence of bullying and what it does to the victims.

The book was difficult to read, difficult to understand and very sad but
i loved the end and i think it was a wonderful story.

I got this book at Walmart for 11.19 two weeks ago and i thought
that was a good deal.

Overall i would rate this book at an 8 and if the author writes more
books, even if they are about vampires i would read them again.

I wouldn't give this book as a gift to somebody who never reads and is
NOT into the vampire stuff, but if they are and they like to read, it's
a little treasure to have on your bookshelf.

Favorite passage in the book;
And running right through this there was an underlying anger at the fact
that one person, one single person, could have the power to dominate
so many people's lives simply through his evil and his... ability to
stave off death.

4 comments:

  1. Peaked my interest - but not a vampire book fan at all - never and won't ever read Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have discovered you and HAPPY that you're a fresh and feisty survivor! Yeah!

    I am your newest follower and hope to not lose you in this vast world of blogging. I am a book fiend too. It enriches our lives.

    All joys to an Indiana girl, (I spoke in Brown County last spring-beautiful)

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    P.S. not a vampire fan either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks promising. I am going to add this book to my ever growing wish list of books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm interesting. I will have to take a peek at it.
    I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete